I have recently compared 5 best social share buttons for your BlogSpot blog. Today I am gonna share a complete step by step guide on how to add social share buttons to blogger.
After reading this complete guide, you will be able to add so many types (Floating, Inline, Expanding, Image Sharing, Pop Up, Slider, Banner) of share buttons to your blog.
And the best thing is, it’s completely free!
You don’t have to pay a single penny for using these share buttons on your blog.
How to add Social Share Buttons to Blogger?
In this complete guide, I am gonna use AddThis, which is the best free tool you can use to add social share buttons to blogger.
When I have used AddThis two years ago on my Blogspot blog, it was not completely free. But now it is completely free to use.
AddThis comes with the following free tools:
- Share Buttons (Floating, Inline & Image Sharing)
- Follow Buttons (Header & Inline)
- Related Post (Slider, Footer & Inline)
- List Building (easily integrated with MailChimp, Constant Contact, Hubspot, Get Response & many other including CSV)
- Link Promotion (Popup, Banner & Slider)
- Website Tip Zar (Donation via Paypal, Venmo, Amazon Smile, Patreon & Cash Me)
In this guide, I will only share how you can install AddThis on your Blogspot blog and use various types of Share buttons on your blog.
1. How to Install AddThis on your Blogspot Blog?
Installing AddThis on your Blogspot blog is extremely easy. All you have to do is to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Sign Up for an AddThis Account
Click on the below link and sign up for an AddThis account. You can use Google, Facebook or Twitter to sign up even faster.
Sign Up Here: https://addthis.com
Step 2: Generate the AddThis Code
After you sign up you need to Click on Get The Code & copy the entire code as shown in the below screenshot.
Step 3: Install Code in Blogspot Theme
Visit your Blogger dashboard and go to Theme >> Edit HTML and paste the AddThis code right before the closing body tag (</body>). Then Click the Save Button!
That’s it. AddThis is now installed on your Blogspot blog. Next, we need to add Social share Buttons on Our Blog.
2. How to Add Share Buttons to Blogger? [Floating, Inline & Image Sharing Buttons]
Next, we need to learn how to add various types of Share buttons on your Blog.
Step 1: Select Share Buttons as the Tool
In your AddThis dashboard, Click on Tools and then on Add New Tools as shown below.
Next select Share Buttons from the Select Tools section.
Step 2: Customize & Add the Share Buttons
You can now select Share Buttons type & start customizing them. Here you can use the Social services of your choice, Change the size, button color with live preview and optimize the behavior of share buttons.
- In order to add floating share buttons, Simply Click on Floating, Customize the Buttons & Click on the Activate button.
- For Image Sharing Buttons, click on Image Sharing, customize the Buttons and click on Activate.
To add Inline Sharing buttons Select Inline, next click on Continue, Customize the buttons and hit the Activate Button.
Next, you need to add the Inline Code on the page where you want the Share buttons to appear.
Now copy the second code and add to every page where you want Inline Share buttons to appear!
Suggested: Beginners guide to Blogger Post Editor
You can also add Expanding, Pop Up, Slider and Banner Ads to your blog in a similar way.
A preview on Inline Share buttons is shown below:
I hope you like this complete tutorial on how to add Social share buttons to blogger.
Pro Tip: Do not show a lot of social media sharing options (showing a lot of social share buttons can make your blog look weird), instead add three to four social sharing buttons. If someone really needs more sharing options, then they can simply click on the AddThis button and share your content on more channels.
If you like this complete guide on adding social share buttons to your Blogspot blog, appreciate my efforts by leaving a comment below!
Detailed Guide : How to Setup Share Buttons [Floating, Inline & Image Sharing] on your Blogspot Blog?
Leave a comment to let me know, whether this post is helpful or not!
Our Email Newsletter here: Subscribe Here
- How to add WhatsApp Share Button in Blogger [Step-by-Step] - October 3, 2020
- How to Remove Powered by Blogger from Your Blog Footer? - September 27, 2020
- Beginners Guide to Keyword Research in 2023 - May 1, 2020